City, Songs, and Spanish! Oct 25, 2025

Hola todos!!

I hope everyone has had a wonderful week!! Crazy to think I only have one more p-day after this until I leave mexico! About a week and a half! Crazyyy

I realized with all my time i haven't really talked about the days we leave the mtc, which are some of my favourite days. You are kind of in this secluded bubble in the mtc, which is good in so many ways, but not in others. Its pretty unsafe outside the walls unfortunately, we hear a lot of what we think are gunshots outside the walls every morning, but our teacher said its actually majority fireworks... but why people would be setting those off at 2am, no idea! 

But anyways the city of mexico is HUGE! It covers and goes up mountains like snow, its insane, there's constant noise and just bustle, and I love it. When we are on the bus its so cool to watch the life outside the window! Each block and street, there's a different life being lived and everyone is doing different things! I guess with a repeating schedule in my life its so fascinating! It makes me excited for my mission for sure! Mexico is beautiful, sletchy, and just seems like a constant fiesta! ( party )

This week I started listening to christmas music! It is never to early to listen to christmas music!! Makes me so happy!  Although a canadian humming, sometimes singing christmas songs during quiet studying... sometimes portrays a weird image.

Spanish; it was our first week of solo espanol, which means no english allowed! Its really hard, each word in spanish can mean 5 different things if said with one wrong conjugation or one extra letter. Every gospel term feels the exact same in spanish; and you can only say " mi gusta comida " ( i like food ) as a response to any question so many times, before people realize you don't know what you are saying haha. So its been a challenge for sure, but also so so so thrilling and exciting and just new each day! So i have a love/hate relationship with spanish right now!

Quick highlights!

- we played mantracker as a district ( fun to just be teenagers again ahah )

- me and my comp made up a mexican version of hockey with our socks as skates and an empty water jug as a puck.

- i met all 6 canadians in the whole mtc!

- i held a 15 min convo of steady spanish!

- i got a small haircut

- we stole the shower heads from 4 rooms for a whole day.

- the hermanas and I connected over a bunch of movies no elders have seen, thanks mom for showing me them! ( anne of green gables, little women, pride and prejudice, persuasion, pollyanna, the king and I, little house on the praire) so funny!

- Brik v Eyre of the seventy came to speak! 

Brik V Eyre came and spoke!! It was so incredible!!  He spoke in this last general conference, his message was so needed and so incredible! He talked about how christ takes what abilities or efforts we have and multiplies it, refrencing the feeding of the 5,000. So like even if all you can do is go to church, or say a prayer, or even just smile each day, christ has the ability to make it so much more. So every effort put in and trust put in no matter how much, will be reaped in reward! 

Also 2 nephi 27:23 is my current favourite scripture, give it a read!

Have a wonderful week everyone!! I love you all! Elder Spencer

Fotos:


beautiful mexico



flowers


Elder eyre!

                             this light turned on for the first time! and it was giving narnia vibes!


Comments