Movies, scares, and final days! Oct 31, 2025
Feliz Halloween!
What a great week!! And also crazy! In mexico theres a celebration happening for both Halloween, and even bigger, el dia de meurtes! (day of the dead) its the biggest mexican holiday ever and takes place nov 1 and 2 its a two day thing, so this is just the best day ever! And its been so cool to be here for it!! We were told yesterday that on saturday, the 1st, we are gonna be the first missionaries allowed to watch a movie in the MTC. Sooo like you may guess we are gonna watch COCO as a mtc! In a massive auditorium, hopefully with popcorn...
This was my last week here which is actually insane to think about, I leave in about 4 days; and we finished classes this week, time literally flies. So there's this big EI test its called, that you take to evaluate how your spanish is at the end of the MTC and its a pretty big deal. So on the test a native speaker usually gets around a 7 out of 10, and I ended up getting a 3.9, soo not bad, i'm about where I should be, but it honestly brought back a lot diploma type vibes so a bit stressful. It was just by yourself in a whitewashed room with like weird noises around you, and listening to rapid spanish with questions about pretending to be a young boy in the old days ( I think? Honestly no idea haha)
For halloween today we are going around knocking on doors and trading ties as our 'trick or treat' ; we did it a bit this morning and it was so fun!! We are also are doing a bunch of casa candy trades, so that will definitly be fun! My room has collected a bunch of twinkies and bueno chocolate bars, so trust me, we will be the equivalent of the "big candybar houses"
This week some highlights briefly were;
- challenging the D1 athlete runner in our district to a race, she runs for BYU. (Just never do that)
- playing mexican hockey
- playing ultimate frisbee
- playing sardines in an abandoned building ( legit so scary, even with tabernacle christmas music playing on a speaker)
- teaching our spanish teacher english slang
- hiding under peoples beds for 45 minutes to scare them
- having a playful 28-person pillowfight
- improvising piano songs with different district members
- learning more spanish
- enjoying this last week with this family!
I want to lastly talk about my teacher and some things I loved about the mtc cause my next email will be in NYC!
My teacher, Hermano Azuara is one of the most amazing individuals. He works so hard and he genuinly cares and desires for us to do good. He's funny, kind and helps me so much. He's only 3 years older then me which is crazy, but every day he thanks us for making him so happy. He had a not very good experiance with the last district he taught, so he has expressed gratitude to all of us for bringing him joy!! His fav color is purple so yesterday we all wore purple for a photo! I have appreciated his love and support and help for all i've done, he's been a blessing and an answer to many prayers!
I have loved so many things about the Mtc: I think my main things are these people. It has been intresting to see all our roles in our district, remove one person, and something is missing. They're all amazing individuals and it'll be sad to leave, they've been with me since the beginning in some of the hardest times! I love them. I love the languge, the place, and yes, the food! I love the feeling of serving others and being joyful and safe! I love what we learn, and I love just this stage of life! Its hard to "grow up " back again, but I feel that same kind of anticipation for my next stage as I did at the beggining, so so pumped for my mission!!
This week a message that kinda stood out was about light. I love the light, its what guides you when things are dark, helps you see things that appear difficult to see without the prescence of light. Each person has their own light that can uncover the dark parts of others' struggles to help them see the things about themselves they cant see and to see their way out of the dark, or to help you to see yourself in other ways. Its a really comforting and special image! I know we all have trials but through lights, you won't be able to just see them you'll be able to navigate safetly through them!!
Happy halloween and holidays!! Im so grateful for my experiance in the MTC and for everything thats gotten me through, i know it'll get harder but also more joyful from here!! See you guys in NYC!! Have the most wonderful week everyone!
Lots of love, Elder Spencer
Fotos :





Comments
Post a Comment